Wednesday 18 February 2015

Chinese New Year Eve




South Bridge Road

Hello, and how have you been ? It's the eve of the Chinese New Year. I got to make a trip to Chinatown this morning to get some essential ingredients for my vegetarian dish. This is so last minute and I hope the stalls are still open for business. Let's run along and try my luck.
 
Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum


Smith Street

I took the train and changed to a bus to get here. The place where I am getting
 the stuff is at the basement of Chinatown Complex where the wet market is.

Fishcakes stall


Dry Ingredients

I manage to get the things I need from these two stalls. Let's take
a look at the streets before I leave and to feel the festive spirit.

Sago Street


Stalks of pussy willows in the pails


Recording the calligrapher at work


Pomelos for sale


So cute to see the little children there learning more about Chinese New Year


Another pleasant surprise seeing an artist at work


Trengganu Street


Pretty Tea Cups & Tea Pots


New Year Cakes


New version of the Love Letters (egg rolls)


Jellies from Taiwan

One more stop back at the Chinatown Complex Hawker Centre to check out the Yu Sheng (raw fish salad). It would be nice to have this dish at the reunion dinner where everyone have to toss or mix the salad together.


What ? !!!  Such a long Q


I won't be queuing for this today. I have other things to do at home. Will be back here either for a takeaway or eat here. Here's wishing you a Happy Chinese New Year !

Temple Street

    Bye . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment